There are lots of things to do and to see on Dauphin Island! Catch a Fishing Charter from the Dauphin Island Marina and reel in a big one! Rent a kayak to see the Island from a whole new perspective. Bring your bicycles and explore the Island by bike or put on your walking shoes and explore the trails of the Audubon Bird Sanctuary. Check out the 7,000-gallon sting ray touch pool at the Alabama Aquarium. Visit Historic Fort Gaines and see the original cannons, civil war museum and more. No matter what attractions you plan to visit or what activities you plan to engage in – there’s one item that should be on everyone’s list. Stop for a moment at the end of the day and watch the colors streak across the sky as the sun sinks below the horizon – there’s a reason Dauphin Island is Alabama’s Sunset Capital.
Audubon Bird Sanctuary
See hundreds of bird species that migrate through these 164 acres of beautiful island woodlands with miles of trails throughout. Explore the diverse environment that includes pines, oaks, elevated swamp trail, gulf dune habitat and beautiful Gillard Lake.
– Website: https://www.townofdauphinisland.org/things-to-do/audubon-bird-sanctuary
– Phone: (251) 861-3607
– Address: 213 Bienville Blvd., Dauphin Island, AL, 36528
– Hours: 7am-7pm Daily
The Alabama Aquarium at the Dauphin Island Sea Lab highlights the four key habitats of coastal Alabama: the Mobile Tensaw River Delta, Mobile Bay, the Barrier Islands, and the Northern Gulf of Mexico. It includes the 10,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall, a 7,000-gallon stingray touch pool, and the Living Marsh Boardwalk. Explore the 31 aquariums totaling over 30,000 gallons with more than 100 species on display.
– Website: https://www.disl.edu/aquarium
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/disealab
– Phone: (251) 861-7500
– Address: 102 Bienville Blvd., Dauphin Island, AL, 36528
– Winter Hours: 9am-5pm Daily
– Summer Hours: 9am-6pm
Dauphin Island Public Beaches
Dauphin Island has 3 beautiful public beach areas to explore, located at Island’s Eastern End, Mid-Island and Western End. No lifeguards at any Dauphin Island beach, swim at your own risk. Parking fee may apply.
– Website: https://www.townofdauphinisland.org/beach-access-parking
– West End Beach – Located at the westernmost end of Bienville Blvd at 3000 Bienville, this beach is home to the Summer Family Movie Nights and Summer Sunset Concert Series. Please respect the beach rules: Absolutely no pets, no glass and no grills, no fires and no overnight camping allowed.
– Middle Beach – Located at 1509 Bienville Blvd, next to the Dauphin Island Elementary School. Dog friendly beach – leash is required per Town Ordinance.
– East Beach – Located just past Fort Gaines at the easternmost end of Bienville Blvd, with a view of Sand Island Lighthouse located on the horizon.
Historic Fort Gaines
Fort Gaines is known as one of the best-preserved examples of 19th-century brick seacoast fortifications in the east. Completed in 1861, Fort Gaines was a key element in the battle of Mobile Bay, famous for Admiral Farragut’s command “Damn the torpedoes – full speed ahead!” Tour the Fort and see cannons that were used in the battle, the huge anchor of Farragut’s flagship, tunnels, original blacksmith shop, bakery, latrine, Quartermaster building, Officer’s Quarters building, museum and gift shop.
– Website: https://fort-gaines.com/
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fort-Gaines-Historic-Site-94521369195/
– Phone: (251) 681-6992
– Address: 51 Bienville Blvd., Dauphin Island, AL, 36528
– Hours: 9am-5pm
Mobile Bay Ferry
The trip between Fort Gaines on Dauphin Island and Fort Morgan at Mobile Point provides wonderful views of the two historic forts that have long guarded the entrance of Mobile Bay. The trip takes approximately 40 minutes and is a great way for passengers to view birds, sea life and other boats and ships. The Ferry connects SR 193 on Dauphin Island with SR 180 at Mobile Point which leads to the nearby communities of Fort Morgan and Gulf Shores.
– Website: https://mobilebayferry.com/
– Phone: (251) 861-3000
– Office Address: 1008 Alabama Ave., Dauphin Island, AL, 36528
– Office Hours: 8am-7:15 pm Daily
– DI Landing Address: 112 Bienville Blvd, Dauphin Island, AL 36528
– Schedule: https://mobilebayferry.com/schedule/
Your family will have a blast at this fantastic miniature golf course.
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Dauphinislandgolf/
– Phone: (251) 861-4653
– Address: 1000 DeSoto Ave., Dauphin Island, AL, 36528
Pirate’s Pool and Beach
Operated by Pirates Bar and Grill, the pool is a 59,000-gallon Saltwater Pool that is beautifully maintained and under-lit for Night Time Swimming as well as daytime fun. Visitors can order food from the Cabana and dine poolside. Enjoy live music on summer weekend evenings! Gulf Beach access is also available. Daily usage fee.
– Website: https://www.piratesbarandgrill.com/pool-beach-music-fun
– Address: 100 Orleans Drove, Dauphin Island, AL, 36528
– Hours and availability vary by season.
Quarles Skate Park
Bring your board and enjoy a variety of ramps and rails at this public skate park.
– Website: https://www.townofdauphinisland.org/things-to-do/quarles-skate-park
– Address: 1215 Bienville Blvd., Dauphin Island, AL, 36528
– Hours: 8am until Dusk
Salt Creek Park
Public playground and basketball court. It’s time to play at this children’s playground with swings and other play equipment the little one will love. The basketball court is located beside the play area so enjoy some hoops while you’re here!
– Address: 1305 Bienville Blvd., Dauphin Island AL, 36528
Arts of Dauphin Island
A gallery of local artists that displays and sells works of painters, potters, wood carvers and more. Stop by the once monthly Sunday open air markets and check out these talented artists.
– Website: https://www.artsofdauphinisland.org/
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/artsofdauphinisland/
– Phone: (251) 272-9099
– Address: 1101 Bienville Blvd., Dauphin Island, AL, 36528
– Hours: Sun-Wed: closed; Thurs-Sat: 10am-4pm
Dauphin Island Heritage & Arts Gallery
Stroll through this wonderful gallery, and check out all the additional opportunities offered here – including art classes and workshops offered throughout the year, monthly Last Friday Night Art gatherings and other events hosted throughout the year.
– Website: https://www.dauphinislandarts.org/contact.html
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DauphinIslandArts/
– Phone: (251) 861-3300
– Address: 918 Bienville Blvd., Dauphin Island, AL, 36528
– Hours: Mon-Tues:closed; Wed-Sat: 10am-4pm; Sun: 12:30pm-4:30pm
Little Red Schoolhouse Community Complex and Visitors Center
Stop in for area information, attraction and activity brochures and some Island history too!
– (251) 861-2150
– Address: 1016 Bienville Blvd., Dauphin Island, AL, 36528
– Hours: Mon-Sat: 10am-4pm
Dauphin Island Kayak & Bicycle Rentals & Tours
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057175940261&sk=about
– Phone: (251) 422-5285
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Blue Heron Kayaks & Stand Up Paddleboards
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Blu-Heron-Kayak-Sup-Rentals-2037379426496066/
– Phone: (251) 648-9456
– Hourly, Daily, & Weekly Rentals
Salty Dog Water Sports
Jet Ski, kayak, paddle board and bicycle rentals
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100046754306509
– Phone: (251) 623-2203
Dauphin Island Marina
Pontoon rentals, boat slips, dry storage, marine fuel, sunset tours, dolphin tours.
– Boat Rentals: https://dauphinislandmarina.com/boat-rental/
– Tours/Charters: https://dauphinislandmarina.com/nature-eco-tours/
– Address: 650 LeMoyne Dr, Dauphin Island, AL 36528
– Phone: 251-861-2201
Tiki Time Tours
Relax around the Tiki Bar as you explore area waters and see the Island from a whole new perspective – and don’t forget there’s a romantic sunset to enjoy too!
– Website: https://www.tikitimedi.com/
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TikiTimeDI/
– Phone: (563) 340-5684
Captain Mike’s Deep Sea Fishing
Charter fishing aboard the Escape or the Lady Ann. Offering a variety of charter options form 3 days to 4-hour trips.
– Website: https://captainmikeonline.com/
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064396195451&ref=page_internal
– Phone: (251) 861-5302
Finatics Fishing Charters
Charter fishing offering a variety of trip options or enjoy a sunset tour.
– Website: https://finaticscharters.com/
– Phone: (251) 265-FISH (3474)