Enjoy blue skies and moon pies during our annual Dauphin Island Mardi Gras celebration! Kick off the Gulf Coast Mardi Gras season with Boardwalk Realty this January and witness several family-friendly parades roll down Bienville Boulevard. Here are the top things to know about this year’s Mardi Gras celebration:
Dauphin Island Mardi Gras 2024 Events
- Krew De La Dauphine Mardi Gras Parade, January 13, 2024, at 1 pm: The first Mobile area parade of the year presented by the oldest Mardi Gras group on the Island!
- The Peoples Parade, January 20, 2024, at 1 pm: Enjoy watching the People’s Parade or if you’re interested – join it! Interested parader’s can find the parade rules and application on the town website. Sign up in advance and join the parade fun!
- The Mystic Krewe of Salty Paws January 27, 2024, at 10 am: Witness the adorable fuzzy four-paw parade of The Mystic Krewe of Salty Paws. You may even leave with a new companion as this parade doubles as an adoption event for rescue pets!
- Massacre Island Secret Society Parade, January 28, 2024, at 6:30 pm: Witness Dauphin Island’s only nighttime event, revisiting scenes of our Island’s past.
Alabama Mardi Gras Parade Insiders Tips
Dauphin Island parade goers should arrive early to secure a parking spot along the parade route that follows Bienville Boulevard from the east end of Bienville to just past the 1500 block of Bienville on the Island’s west end. Here are a few Town of Dauphin Island parade etiquette rules to remember for 2024:
- You’re not supposed to reserve a parking space before sunrise on the day of the event, and you can’t mark off your turf with rope or tape boundaries.
- Once you’ve claimed space with parked vehicles, lawn chairs, or canopies, at least one member of the party must remain on the scene.
- Sites should be fully cleaned up immediately after the parade.
There will be many parade attendees from the mainland coming to join the fun. We will have vendors on the Island with fun keepsakes, beads, and silly hats for all ages! The fun begins long before the parade arrives, with families of all ages enjoying time together socializing in our warm and sunny community atmosphere with tailgating and cookouts!
Take time to enjoy the day with local parade goers and maybe even bring a blanket, pack a picnic, and settle down for a nice lunch while you wait for the parade to begin. There will be lots of excitement and frivolity, along with fantastic Mardi Gras beads and throws to catch as you enjoy a great view of the Dauphin Island parades that kick off the Gulf Coast Mardi Gras season!
Alabama Gulf Coast Mardi Gras Season
After the last moon pie is thrown on Dauphin Island, the Mardi Gras season continues in nearby Mobile, AL, with parades rolling downtown through the final day of Mardi Gras, known as “Fat Tuesday,” on February 13, 2024. Check out Mobile Mask for information on the 2024 schedule, parade routes, and events.
Stay on the Parade Route with Boardwalk Realty
Boardwalk Realty offers several Dauphin Island vacation rentals, and it’s not too late to join the fun! Bout Time, Shore to Please, Toes in the Sand, Sunset Key, and The Beach House have available dates for the Mardi Gras season – check them out today and join us for Dauphin Island Mardi Gras!