We may be a small Island, but we know how to have big fun! Depending on the season, you’ll find local activities to enhance your stay. The Summer Movie Series is a family favorite and we invite you to cozy up to the big screen for a free outdoor family movie. Maybe a concert is more to your liking? Check out the Summer Sunset Concert Series and live music events at local dining venues. Love a parade? Don’t miss our family friendly Mardi Gras parades! The World’s Largest Fishing competition? We have it every July! Craft shows, Halloween fun, Historical re-enactments at Fort Gaines? Yes, we do all that too!
Annual Events – Summer
- Sunset Celebrations – Enjoy the Summer with the monthly Sunday Sunset Concerts held at Fort Gaines beginning Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day and a special bonus performance in October. Concerts occur once monthly during Summer. Admission is $5 per person and free for children 12 and under. Additional information can be found at the Town of Dauphin Island website.
- 2023 Schedule:
- May 28 – 6-8pm – Molly Thomas & the Rare Birds
- June 25 – 6-8pm – Serfas Club
- July 30 – 6-8pm – Ryan Balthrop & Slide Bayou
- August 11-13 – Reggae Weekend – Saturday 1-5pm; Sunday 6-8pm. Additional details and performer line-up will be announced as date nears.
- September 3 – 5:30-7:30pm – Symone French & the Trouille Troupe
- October 15 – 4:30-6:30pm – Roman Street
- 2023 Schedule:
- Free Family Outdoor Movie Nights – Summer seasonal movie series showcasing family friendly movies. Located at the Public West End Beach at the end of Bienville Blvd, spread out your beach blanket and stretch out under the stars for movies on a giant blow up screen. No pets, grilling or glass allowed. Movies are weather permitting. 2023 schedule posted below, additional information can be found at the Town of Dauphin Island website.
- Movies at the Fort – Free outdoor movies at Fort Gaines. Movies start at dusk. Bring your own seating & snacks.
- 2023 Schedule:
- August 20 – Where the Crawdads Sing
- August 25 – Grown Ups
- September 10 – Top Gun Maverick
- September 22 – Cinderella
- October 1 – Grease
- 2023 Schedule:
- 4th of July Celebrations – The Town of Dauphin Island sponsors an annual firework display that can be seen along the Island’s Gulf Beach. Please remember that Town Ordinance prohibits the use of personal fireworks on Dauphin Island and no fireworks are allowed at any Boardwalk Realty rental property.
- *6-7-23 Fireworks Display update – The date for the Town of Dauphin Island 2023 Fireworks Display originally scheduled for July 4th has been changed to SATURDAY JULY 1, 2023 at 9pm.
- Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo – July 21-23, 2023. Taking place the 3rd weekend of July each year, the Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo is the World’s Largest Fishing Tournament with over 3,200 anglers. View the catch as the angler’s compete for the largest fish in each category. A part of Island tradition since 1929, the ADSF Rodeo kicks off with a Liar’s Contest on Thursday evening, and a blast of the cannon starts the competition Friday at dawn. Marine Biologists from the Dauphin Island Sea Lab study and display the catch as it rolls in throughout the weekend at the Rodeo site located on LeMoyne Drive, providing important data for Gulf Coast fisheries systems.
- 2023 Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo Concert Schedule (Free Admission)
- July 20 (after the Liar’s Contest) – Bruce Smelley Band
- July 21 – 7:30-10:30pm – Fly By Radio
- July 23 – 1-4pm – “The Mailman” Keith Burns
Annual Events – Spring
- Easter Sunrise Service at Fort Gaines – Join us for the annual community Easter Sunrise Service and worship with all the Island Churches as the sun rises over the walls of Fort Gaines. Sunday April 9, 2023.
- St. Francis Arts & Crafts Festival – The longest running art event on the Island, see the arts and crafts of over 50 local and regional artists. Enjoy fine food and lots of fun that takes over the grounds of St. Francis Church and Key Street typically held the third Saturday of April.
- Dauphin Island Art Trail – Local crafters and artists Saturday April 15, 2023.
- Annual Motorcycle Show – Features a variety of motorcycles for enthusiists of all ages at Green Park Sunday April 16, 2023.
- Dauphin Island Sailboat Regatta – The 60th Annual Sailboat Regatta sets sail in April and is co-hosted by the Fairhope and Buccaneer Yachts Clubs. Watch the colorful sails float through Mobile Bay toward the Island at this annual event.
Annual Events – Fall
- Fort Gaines Living History Events – Fort Gaines hosts re-enactors throughout the year and every fall Island visitors can enjoy the annual October Renaissance Festival. Check out the schedule on the Town of Dauphin Island’s Event Calendar
- Trick or Treat at Green Park – Join the little ghouls and goblins on Halloween as they trick or treat at this Town sponsored community event held annually at Green Park.
- Hurricane Run – Annual 5k race takes place on the Island every September and is sponsored by the Port City Pacers. 2023 race is scheduled for September 9 and starts at 8:30am.
Annual Events – Winter
- Coastal Christmas – Enjoy the Holidays with sandmen not snowmen! Join us for the annual Christmas Parade Saturday December 3, 2022 as Santa touches down on the Island. Enjoy the Lights of Dauphin Island the evening of December 3, 2022, 5-7pm as the trees at water tower plaza are lit.
- The Christmas Boat Parade – The boat parade sets sail Saturday December 10, 2022, and the Christmas lights will be motoring from the east end to the Marina.
- Magic Christmas in Lights at Bellingrath Gardens – Located just 20 minutes from the Island, stroll through the world famous Bellingrath Gardens. In this Gulf Coast holiday tradition, guests journey through a dazzling light display that features more than 1,100 set pieces, 3 million lights and 15 scenes throughout the 65-acre Garden estate. In addition, the Bellingrath Home is decorated in its holiday finery and enhanced with beautiful poinsettias. Magic Christmas in Lights begins just after Thanksgiving on November 25, 2022 and runs through January 4, 2023, closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Mardi Gras Island Style – The Dauphin Island parades kick off carnival each year with parades taking place the first two Saturdays of the Mardi Gras season (about one month prior to Fat Tuesday).
- The Krewe de la Dauphin parades the Island Saturday, January 13, 2024, parade rolls at 1pm from Fort Gaines to Dauphin Island Elementary.
- The Peoples Parade the rolls the following Saturday January 20, 2024, parade rolls at 1pm from Fort Gaines to Dauphin Island Elementary.
- Massacre Island Secret Society, Sunday January 28, 2024 at 6:30pm
- Battle of Mobile Bay 5K Run – Sponsored by the Port City Pacers this annual 5K takes place every February.
Visit the Town of Dauphin Island Events Calendar for event details and to find additional events added during the year. Event scheduling is subject to change.