We may be a small Island, but we know how to have big fun! Depending on the season, you’ll find local activities to enhance your stay. The Summer Movie Series is a family favorite and we invite you to cozy up to the big screen for a free outdoor family movie. Maybe a concert is more to your liking? Check out the Summer Sunset Concert Series and live music events at local dining venues. Love a parade? Don’t miss our family friendly Mardi Gras parades! The World’s Largest Fishing competition? We have it every July! Craft shows, Halloween fun, Historical re-enactments at Fort Gaines? Yes, we do all that too!
Annual Events – Summer
- Sunset Celebrations – Enjoy the Summer with the monthly Sunday Sunset Concerts held at the West End Beach beginning Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day. Concerts occur once monthly during Summer and a full 2023 schedule will be posted here upon release and additional information can be found at the Town of Dauphin Island website.
- Free Family Outdoor Movie Nights – Summer seasonal movie series showcasing family friendly movies. Located at the Public West End Beach at the end of Bienville Blvd, spread out your beach blanket and stretch out under the stars for movies on a giant blow up screen. No pets, grilling or glass allowed. Movies are weather permitting and typically take place on summer Friday evenings. As summer grows closer a full 2023 schedule will be posted here upon release and additional information can be found at the Town of Dauphin Island website.
- Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo – Taking place the 3rd weekend of July each year, the Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo is the World’s Largest Fishing Tournament with over 3,200 anglers. View the catch as the angler’s compete for the largest fish in each category. A part of Island tradition since 1929, the ADSF Rodeo kicks off with a Liar’s Contest on Thursday evening, and a blast of the cannon starts the competition Friday at dawn. Marine Biologists from the Dauphin Island Sea Lab study and display the catch as it rolls in throughout the weekend at the Rodeo site located on LeMoyne Drive, providing important data for Gulf Coast fisheries systems.
- 4th of July Celebrations – The Town of Dauphin Island sponsors an annual firework display that can be seen along the Island’s Gulf Beach.
Annual Events – Spring
- Easter Sunrise Service at Fort Gaines – Join us for the annual community Easter Sunrise Service and worship with all the Island Churches as the sun rises over the walls of Fort Gaines. Sunday April 9, 2023.
- St. Francis Arts & Crafts Festival – The longest running art event on the Island, see the arts and crafts of over 50 local and regional artists. Enjoy fine food and lots of fun that takes over the grounds of St. Francis Church and Key Street typically held the third Saturday of April.
- Dauphin Island Art Trail – Local crafters and artists Saturday April 15, 2023.
- Annual Motorcycle Show – Features a variety of motorcycles for enthusiists of all ages at Green Park Sunday April 16, 2023.
- Dauphin Island Sailboat Regatta – The 60th Annual Sailboat Regatta sets sail in April and is co-hosted by the Fairhope and Buccaneer Yachts Clubs. Watch the colorful sails float through Mobile Bay toward the Island at this annual event.
Annual Events – Fall
- Fort Gaines Living History Events – Fort Gaines hosts re-enactors throughout the year and every fall Island visitors can enjoy the annual October Renaissance Festival. Check out the schedule on the Town of Dauphin Island’s Event Calendar
- Trick or Treat at Green Park – Join the little ghouls and goblins on Halloween as they trick or treat at this Town sponsored community event held annually at Green Park.
- Hurricane Run – Annual 5k race takes place on the Island every September and is sponsored by the Port City Pacers.
Annual Events – Winter
- Coastal Christmas – Enjoy the Holidays with sandmen not snowmen! Join us for the annual Christmas Parade Saturday December 3, 2022 as Santa touches down on the Island. Enjoy the Lights of Dauphin Island the evening of December 3, 2022, 5-7pm as the trees at water tower plaza are lit.
- The Christmas Boat Parade – The boat parade sets sail Saturday December 10, 2022, and the Christmas lights will be motoring from the east end to the Marina.
- Magic Christmas in Lights at Bellingrath Gardens – Located just 20 minutes from the Island, stroll through the world famous Bellingrath Gardens. In this Gulf Coast holiday tradition, guests journey through a dazzling light display that features more than 1,100 set pieces, 3 million lights and 15 scenes throughout the 65-acre Garden estate. In addition, the Bellingrath Home is decorated in its holiday finery and enhanced with beautiful poinsettias. Magic Christmas in Lights begins just after Thanksgiving on November 25, 2022 and runs through January 4, 2023, closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Mardi Gras Island Style – The Dauphin Island parades kick off the carnival season each year with parades taking place the first two Saturdays of the Mardi Gras season each year (about one month prior to Fat Tuesday). The Krewe de la Dauphin parades the Island first Saturday, January 21, 2023 followed by the Peoples Parade the following Saturday January 28, 2023. Parades roll down Bienville Blvd from Fort Gaines to Dauphin Island Elementary starting at 1pm.
- Battle of Mobile Bay 5K Run – Sponsored by the Port City Pacers this annual 5K takes place every February.
Visit the Town of Dauphin Island Events Calendar for event details and to find additional events added during the year. Event scheduling is subject to change.