When you vacation on Dauphin Island, not only do you have access to exceptional beaches and activities on the island, but you are also a stone’s throw away from some of the top attractions on the Gulf Coast! Boardwalk Realty invites you to plan an Alabama day trip from your Dauphin Island vacation rental to Mobile, Gulf Shores, Biloxi, or Pensacola. Whether you are interested in local history, exploring the great outdoors, or family-friendly amusement parks, there is something for everyone to discover on the Gulf Coast:
Mobile, Alabama, is just a 40-minute drive north of Dauphin Island on Highway 193. Once you have arrived in Alabama’s oldest city, we recommend checking out these top attractions in Mobile:
- Visit the USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park, one of America’s most unique military attractions!
- Sharpen your golf skills at the new Top Golf Center in Mobile, offering 60 climate-controlled hitting bays
- Learn something new at one of the fascinating museums, including the Mobile Carnival Museum, History Museum of Mobile, and Mobile Museum of Art.
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Getting to Gulf Shores is easy with the Mobile Bay Ferry, transporting passengers from Dauphin Island to Mobile Point. The ferry will drop you off at Fort Morgan, where you can explore this National Historic Site before heading out to explore what Gulf Shores has to offer:
- Explore Gulf State Park and enjoy playing at the beach, fishing, hiking, picnicking, and biking!
- Visit the Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo and marvel at 118 species of animals, from parrots to kangaroos and tigers.
- Experience fun for the whole family at the Gulf Shores amusement parks, such as Waterville USA, The Track, or Adventure Island.
Biloxi, Mississippi, is just over an hour from Dauphin Island on Interstate 10, offering the perfect Alabama day trip from your vacation rental. The city is best known for its eight first-class casino resorts, where you can enjoy endless games and entertainment!
Make the one-hour-and-a-half drive from Dauphin Island to Pensacola and experience the attractions of the westernmost city in the Florida Panhandle:
- Visit the National Naval Aviation Museum, the world’s largest Naval Aviation museum, and marvel at over 150 restored aircraft.
- Catch a game of minor league baseball at the Blue Wahoos Stadium.
- Learn about local maritime history and enjoy incredible views of the Panhandle from the Pensacola Lighthouse.
Book Your Dauphin Island Vacation Rental Today
After your Alabama day trip, return to your Dauphin Island vacation rental with Boardwalk Realty. We offer over 40 vacation rentals ranging from two to six bedrooms to accommodate groups of all sizes. Save on your Dauphin Island getaway with our vacation specials, and plan your trip to the Gulf Coast today!