No visit to Dauphin Island is complete without visiting the island’s top attraction, the Alabama Aquarium. This aquarium, operated by the Dauphin Island Sea Lab, offers visitors an inside look into the key coastal habitats of Alabama. Plan a visit and learn about the unique ecosystems surrounding our island through the 10,000-square-foot exhibit hall and guided excursions led by local experts. Stay with Boardwalk Realty and discover everything the Alabama Aquarium has to offer during your visit:
Dauphin Island Sea Lab: Alabama Aquarium
The Dauphin Island Sea Lab, a marine research and education center, operates the Alabama Aquarium. Dauphin Island, surrounded by Mobile Bay, the Mississippi Sound, and the Gulf of Mexico, offers the perfect destination for marine research. The lab’s mission is to share information about ocean life and conservation with the public. The aquarium allows visitors to get a firsthand look at local marine life and learn about DISL’s work.
Things to Do at the Alabama Aquarium
Purchase tickets for the Alabama Aquarium and learn about Alabama’s coastal habitats through these attractions:
- Stroll through the 10,000-square-foot exhibit hall featuring species of Mobile Bay including drum, pipefish, and the diamondback terrapin.
- Visit the 7,000-gallon stingray touch pool and pet a live stingray! Species include Atlantic, Blutnose, and Cownose Stingrays.
- Explore the Living Marsh Boardwalk.
Alabama Aquarium Education Opportunities
The DISL also offers education opportunities and excursions for an additional fee. Fill out a reservation form or contact email@example.com for more information!
- Boardwalk Talks is a series where you can learn about the current projects DISL is working on and a broad range of science topics.
- Salt Marsh Excursions allows you to become a marine scientist for the day by learning how to collect samples and specimens from a salt marsh.
- The Beach, Dune, and Maritime Forest Excursions allow visitors to explore all three ecosystems. Visitors can also get an up-close look at wildlife by using nets and digging for moles and ghost crabs.
- R/V Alabama Discovery Excursion takes you on a two-hour boat ride around Dauphin Island with a professional DISL educator.
Book Your Dauphin Island Vacation Rental Today!
There is plenty to do on Dauphin Island beyond the Alabama Aquarium. Enjoy miles of beachfront, exceptional fishing, outdoor exploration, and historic sites. Choose Boardwalk Realty to host your getaway and stay in one of our Dauphin Island vacation rentals. Check out our specials and save on your upcoming Dauphin Island vacation!